Saturday 17 October 2015
Just Fair Trade, 36 Silver Street, St Martin’s Square, LE1 5ET
Cake and chocolate. Chocolate and cake. Chocolate cake. However you look at it, chocolate and cake are a pretty potent combination. Throw in some fair trade principles and life really doesn’t get much better. Help us celebrate three of the best things in life by entering our Great Chocolate Week Fair Trade Cake Bake!
- 12 years and under (there’s no limit on what kind of cake you can bake so get creative!!)
- Large cakes (8” / 20cm or bigger)
- Small cakes, cupcakes and muffins
- Tray bakes
How to enter:
- Decide on your preferred category
- Decide on your fair trade ingredients – all entries MUST include fair trade chocolate and / or cocoa and we’d love it if as many as possible of your other ingredients were also fair trade. (Just Fair Trade sells fair trade sugar, nuts, dried fruit, honey and spices as well as chocolate and cocoa, so there’s no excuse!)
- Bake your cake! Or biscuits!
Bring your creation to Just Fair Trade, 36 Silver Street, St Martin’s Square, LE1 5ET at 1pm on Saturday 17 October. Stick around and help us judge by tucking into your fellow bakers’ cakes!!
Things you need to know:
- You won’t be able to take your cake away with you at the end of the day as we’ll have eaten it!
- Please provide your own plate or stand – clearly labelled with your name and a contact phone number – on which to display your entry; it’ll be tricky to keep track of everyone’s stuff on the day so please also ensure you collect your display items after the judging has finished.
When you drop off your cake you’ll need to complete an entry form. (If you’re entering the 12 years and under category, your parent or carer will need to complete this for you.) You’ll need to make sure you have the following information:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Twitter (we’ll be tweeting during the afternoon and we’d love to be able to tag you in any pictures we tweet of your cake!)
Name of your cake
Did this recipe come from a book or website? If so, which one?
Please list all the fair trade ingredients you used and attach the packaging to the form.
Does your entry contain nuts? If so, what kind?
Is your entry suitable for those with other dietary issues e.g. gluten-free, lactose-free, vegan etc? (There’s no requirement that it should be – we just need to be able to label it as such for the cake-tasting). If yes, please be specific.
Are you willing for us to use any photos of you and / or your baking on our website and social media as part of our Just Fair Trade promotional strategy?
That might all sound a bit complicated, but ultimately this is all about having a whole lot of cake-based fun!! You don’t need to be the next Mary Berry or Paul Hollywood – just bake what you love and bring it along to share with the Just Fair Trade family!