We are looking for a part-time supervisor to join our vibrant team for immediate start. We are looking for someone who has experience of working in a fast paced retail environment and wants to provide a great experience for our customers. Someone who really enjoys working in retail and takes pleasure in delivering top quality service to all customers.
Just Fair Trade is a workers’ co-op social enterprise operating in Leicester city centre since October 2000. We are a member of bafts.org.uk , The Fair Trade Network in the UK.
Pre covid the business was in an exciting place, both growing sales and customer numbers. We operate in a vibrant area of town that is increasing in popularity, and are surrounded by other independent shops, cafes and bars, close to the Cathedral and Richard iii visitor centre.
During covid we have been able to remain open a couple of days a week to sell our wide range of essentials. However like most retail, we have been hit hard. We have created an online e-commerce site and have a new till and stock control system. We now sell online for click and collect, local delivery and post parcels all over the country. Since August 2020 we have been selling from a concession stand in Eco Village, a zero waste shop in Market Harborough, which also acts as a click & collect location.
The day to day running of the shop is undertaken by a staff team made up of 4 part time paid members of staff, led by our volunteer founding director, and supported by a small team of committed volunteers. As a workers’ co-op any employee or volunteer can become a co-op member by buying a £5 share. It is these members who vote for and form the board of directors. Currently the board is made up of 8; a mix of volunteers and paid staff. The directors meet every month.
The Pre- covid the shop opened Monday to Saturday 10am till 5pm. Opening hours are extend into the evenings and Sundays in the run up to Christmas. We hope to return to these hours as the situation allows.
Within the job role there will be a range of tasks including (but not exhaustive);
General Shop Tasks;
- Welcoming customers into the shop in a warm and friendly way.
- Developing your knowledge so you can advise customers on the range of products we have from gifts to clothing.
- Handling customer till transactions by cash and card with accuracy and security.
- Processing customer online orders
- Carrying out general administration duties.
- Dealing with stock; receiving, unpacking, pricing checking and storage.
- keeping displays clean, tidy, interesting and innovative including creating new displays from scratch.
- General cleaning duties to ensure the shop is clean and tidy at all times.
- Support the volunteer manager in supervising and training volunteers as required so that they are encouraged and challenged to reach their full potential.
- To work alongside the manager and team members, so that working together the business grows both in turnover, and in customer numbers, while remaining profitable.
- Experience of working in a retail environment
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to deliver the best customer experience to all customers.
- Excellent communication skills, able to confidently deal with all kinds of people while showing respect for and understanding of different faiths, cultures and backgrounds.
- Well presented, confident and enthusiastic with a willingness to learn new skills.
- A good level of maths and english.
- Ability to lead and be directed to work as part of a team, excited to work in a social enterprise with co-op principals.
- We trade on three floors. Candidates need to be able to move swiftly between the three floors using stairs.
- An interest in fair trade ethical and sustainable retail.
Post is for 15 hrs a week over 2 days, (usually 9.30am till 5.30pm) including weekends. Extra hours maybe available in November and December when the shop is open into the evenings and also on Sundays.
£9.50 per hour – we follow the Living Wage Foundation
Apply with CV and covering letter by 22nd July 2021 to email@example.com
Monday 26th July 2021