We need a shop assistant from September through to the end of December. Someone to join our small team of paid and volunteer workers in our Leicester city centre shop. The new person will work 2 days a week including Saturdays and/or Sundays. There will be the opportunity for extra hours in November and December as we extend our opening ours for the festive season.
Just wants someone with retail experience and a passion for all things fair trade ethical and sustainable. Someone who loves giving excellent service to all our customers.
For the right person this role could extend into the new year with added responsibilities (as maternity cover.)
We are a workers co-op social enterprise set in 2000. We sell fairly traded ethical and sustainable products in our shop in Leicester city centre. Just also has a concession within Eco Village, a zero wage shop in Market Harborough and an online e commerce site. We sell great quality products that our customers love. Much of what we sell is made by skilled artisans in the less developed world. Many of our products are made by recycling and up-cycling. We also have an ever increasing range of alternatives to plastic and a popular refill station.
Within the job role there will be a range of tasks including (but not exhaustive);
- Welcoming customers into the shop in a warm and friendly way.
- Developing your knowledge so you can advise customers on the range of products we have from gifts to clothing.
- Handling customer till transactions by cash and card with accuracy and security.
- Carrying out general administration duties.
- Dealing with stock; receiving, unpacking, pricing checking and storage.
- keeping displays clean, tidy, interesting and innovative including creating new displays from scratch.
- General cleaning duties to ensure the shop is clean and tidy at all times.
- Experience of working in a retail environment
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to deliver the best customer experience to all customers.
- Excellent communication skills, able to confidently deal with all kinds of people while showing respect for and understanding of different faiths, cultures and backgrounds.
- Well presented, confident and enthusiastic with a willingness to learn new skills.
- A good level of maths and english.
- Ability to lead and be directed to work as part of a team.
- We trade on three floors. Candidates need to be able to move swiftly between the three floors using stairs.
- An interest in fair trade ethical and sustainable retail.
We are an equal opportunities employer. Our aim is to help all who work for us develop their full potential because we believe in using the skills, experiences and talents of all our workers. This results in a high level of job satisfaction for our staff and ensures that our business continues to thrive and prosper.
Hours and Pay
Between 12 and 15 hours a week over 2 days.
The post will include Saturdays and in November and December the shop opens on Sundays and extends its opening hours with some evening openings. The successful candidate will be expected to share in covering these extra hours.
As we are committed to following the the Living Wage Foundations guide lines.
Current rate is £9.90 per hour.
How to apply
Please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com
All applications must be received by email by the end of Monday 25th July
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 27th July and/or Thursday 28th July in the shop in Leicester.