The Lavinia Toockies scrubbers are a fantastic plastic-free alternative to the usual plastic sponge or plastic scourer. They are also non abrasive and non scratching. Typically you use them on pots, pans and sinks. However, you can also use them in your bathroom or even to clean your vegetables.
Lavinia , who is behind the Toockies project says, “All Toockies products are Fairtrade certified. When we purchase the cotton yarn from the mill in India, we receive a certificate with a Control Union stamp, the cotton is also GOTS certified organic. The women who participate in this project are taught how to knit at a local community centre, where a bathroom has been built just for them. The knitters take home a little roll of yarn, and once a week they drop off finished products, where they are quality checked. There is a doctor on site who gives the knitters and their children free health check ups.
Handmade in India by women in a fairtrade project, managed by a local NGO called “Promise Charitable Trust”
- pack of 1 jute & 1 cotton scrubber
- GOTS certified organic cotton and natural jute plant fibers.
- plastic-free alternative to the usual plastic sponge/scourer.
- non abrasive and non scratching.
- use on pots, pans, sinks, bathrooms and even to clean your vegetables.
- The cloths are very durable and machine washable.
- Toockies scrubbers are made of raw and untreated plant materials, and are therefore compostable and biodegradeable
- handmade under FAIRTRADE conditions near Kolkata in India. Each product has the name of the knitter attached
- not tested on animals