Part-Time Retail Supervisor – Maternity Cover
A rare chance to join our small paid team for immediate start. Our shop, over 3 floors, has the best in fair trade ethical and sustainable shopping. We need someone with retail experience and a passion for all things fair trade ethical and sustainable, someone who takes pleasure in delivering top quality service to all customers.
It is not just a short term fill in job.The role is initially till the end of 2023 but may become permanent. As a workers’ co-op all our staff not only take a lead in day to day operations, but can choose to be involved in future developments of the business.
- have retail experience and enjoy all aspects of working on the shop floor. Showing by example excellent customer service.
- be keen to keep the shop looking vibrant clean and interesting, showing off our range of products for our customers.
- develop a high level of knowledge about the fair trade sustainable and ethical products we sell and be able to tell the producer stories behind our products.
- be a team player, excited to work in a social enterprise with co-op principals.
- be able to demonstrate management skills as a supervisor, working with other paid staff and our volunteers to maximise individual potential, to encourage and challenge.
- to work alongside the shop manager and team members, so that working together the business grows both in turnover, and in customer numbers, while remaining profitable.
Just Fair Trade is a workers’ co-op social enterprise operating in Leicester city centre since October 2000. We are a member of bafts.org.uk ; Fair Trade Network UK. We trade over 3 floors and are the best for fair trade, ethical and sustainable shopping.
We operate in a vibrant area of town that is increasing in popularity, and are surrounded by other independent shops, cafes and bars, close to the Cathedral and Richard iii visitor centre.
During covid we have created an online e-commerce site and invested in a new till and stock control system. We now sell online for click and collect, local delivery and post parcels all over the country.
The day to day running of the shop is undertaken by a staff team made up of 5 part time paid staff led by our volunteer founding director, and supported by a small team of committed volunteers. As a workers’ co-op any employee or volunteer can become a co-op member by buying a £5 share. It is these members who vote for and form the board of directors. Currently the board is made up of 7; a mix of volunteers and paid staff. The directors meet every 4 to 8 weeks.
Currently we open Tuesday to Friday 11am till 4pm and Saturday 10am till 5pm. However we respond to demand from our customers. In the run up to Christmas we open on Sundays and extend our opening hours.
About the Role
Hours: We are looking for someone to work between 13 and 19 hrs a week including Saturdays.
Holidays: 15 days plus bank holidays pro rata, increasing with length of service.
Work pension scheme available. (optional)
Probation period of 3 months.
Pay: We follow the Living Wage Foundations ‘real living wage’ currently £10.90 per hour
We are an equal opportunities employer. We aim to help all those who work for us to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of the workforce (paid or voluntary) will be utilised fully to maximise the efficiency of Just Fair Trade Ltd.
Send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date: Wednesday 22nd February
Interviews on Wednesday 1st March