- 250g plain flour
- 50g fair trade cocoa powder
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 125g fair trade caster sugar
- 2 large free range eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2tsp fair trade vanilla extract
- 250ml soured cream, at room temperature
- 100g fair trade chocolate
12-hole muffin tray
Preheat the oven to 200⁰C / 400⁰F / GM6
Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and bicarb into a mixing bowl and set aside.
Beat butter until creamy. Add the sugar until white and fluffy. Beat eggs with vanilla and add a tablespoon at a time, beating well.
Fold dry ingredients into creamed mixture using metal spoon, alternately with soured cream. Mix in chocolate.
Spoon mixture into paper cases
Bake for 20-25mins until just firm to touch. Turn out onto wire rack and leave to cool.
These double chocolate buns freeze really well, making them the perfect make-ahead bake!